Muddy Creek Charter School IT Support Specialist
Hours: 4 hours per day at .5 FTE (flexible hours)
Rate: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
Start Date: July 1, 2022
Calendar: 200 day
Purpose: This position supports the technology needs of the staff, students and school in an effective and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Integration of technology in the classroom, management of tech education goals and standards, and class lessons when applicable.
- Responsible for technology hardware, software, and systems installation, basic setup, configuration, repair, and support, in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensuring all online safety protocols and required compliance are being met
- Responsible for general maintenance and troubleshooting of desktop, laptop, Chromebook, tablets, iMac and iPad operating systems, peripherals and applications, printers, and telephone equipment
- Provides consultation service, information, and support to end-users and departments over the phone, via email, in-person, and video performed according to social distancing guidelines at any given time.
- Reviews, prioritizes, and processes work order requests; maintains a project list and documents the progress of those projects.
- Accurately assembles computers and peripherals from components for business and classroom environments.
- Provides support and training in use of computer hardware and software applications, including basic documentation.
- Researches and evaluates computing equipment, peripherals, materials, and software applications and recommends appropriate purchases and upgrades as required.
- Keeps current with state-of-the-art developments in computer equipment and software, sharing knowledge with users.
- Consults with vendors and outside hardware and software technical support as necessary.
- Maintains, stores, and retrieves information in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner using standard office systems, equipment and software.
- Strives for excellence in dealing with and responding to requests.
- Performs other related services as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Certification and/or licensing appropriate to the position.
- Knowledge or experience with computers and network operation, including: design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of computer networking and internet protocols (TCP/IP).
- Ability to diagnose and problem solve software and equipment difficulties.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks.
- Ability to use office information systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to independently plan, organize, and carry out work assignments.
- Ability to formulate ideas for program improvement.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and integrate technology solutions across the district and individual worksites.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining enterprise-level computer lab deployments is preferred.
- Experience with tablet and/or small device deployment on an enterprise level is preferred.
- Ability to understand the building/program’s instructional goals and carry out work assignments in a manner that supports those goals.
- Standard First Aid Certification, or the ability to obtain certification within two months of hire, may be required.
- Google G-Suite Admin
- Cisco Meraki cloud management networking, security, and EMM
- Knowledge of E-Rate process
- Classroom management/ability to work with children
- Clever – SSO platforms
- Incident IQ – Asset Management
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is for the 2022/2023 school year. MCCS hires all employees on an annual basis.